Saturday, December 11, 2010

Andy Williams Christmas

Classic. Classy. Wonderful. Perfect. 
Where did this style go? The Andy Williams, the Gene Kelly, the Julie Andrews, the Fred Astaire...
Sometimes I wish I lived during their prime. Good, clean entertainment.

Brett has been gone since Wednesday so I decided to take a little trip down to Branson, MO to see the Andy Williams Christmas Show. And I loved it so much. Just loved it. My mom used to play his Christmas cd every year, and this just brought back wonderful memories.

Yes here he is, Andy Williams. And I got to sit on row 6! Easy to get a good seat when there is only one of you.
 Even at eighty something years old he still has his voice.
 Sorry the pictures are a little blurry, I only took a couple with the flash. The rest are without it.
 While they changed the scenery behind he stood out in front of the curtain and told jokes. It was great :)
 And here he is singing his classic "Moon River" to close out the show.

AND I drove all the way there and back with his motorcycle in the back of the truck. Which meant that big huge 18-wheelers were passing me on the huge hills the WHOLE way there. But there was no way I was getting it out of there myself. It would have been in pieces by the time I was done. So I left it. But it was so worth it.
So that was my adventure this weekend...without a husband. Many more adventures to come :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh! 1. I love your new blog background! 2. You are soooooo much cooler and braver than me! That sounds like so much fun. I am very jealous that you got to go to that show.... I hope things are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HERE YOU ARE! Yay, we were saying that you have needed a blog FOREVER and we have found it. Hooray. Thomas's favorite place is Branson. Maybe now we can come visit you too! Fun, fun, fun! We hope you are having fun and adjusting well!

    ReplyDelete