Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pictures...as Promised

So I told you in the last post that I would get some pictures up. So for those of you who have never been near a tornado can see what lovely things it throws around. I'm just glad I can laugh about it. It just seems weird to me that our house got blown down by a tornado. Just kind of makes me laugh a little but, because it doesn't sound true. Anyway...here you go.

So before we got access to the street, Brett looked at the mess and said, "I think that's our house right there. The one that's gone." And I was like, "No I think ours still has its roof!"


And this is how wrong I was. And how right Brett was. We were sitting in the driveway across the street trying to figure out where to start. That is what was our house. Ta da! Welcome to our home :)








We could look through the front door into the backyard! It's not everyday that you get to do that!





And this was the state of the front door when we found it.





 These are some of Brett's clothes frozen to themselves, mud, pieces of sheetrock...some were frozen to the floor.



But my tupperware survived quite nicely. If they hadn't been in the box I don't know what would have happened to them. But they survived the tornado.

And the last picture is of my attempt to dry out all of my papers of quotes and things that I have saved for a long time. They dried...but the stack is huge now. If you've ever tried to stack dried out paper, you know what I am talking about.

Well there's a little taste for you. Hope those suffice.






Life is great. Great Great Great.
Cute husband.
Cute sisters.   
Funny brothers.
Amazing family.



4 comments:

  1. crazy, crazy, crazy. Thanks for putting pictures up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I just want to cry for you. I lived through 3 tornados.. luckily not a one touched us. But it's scary. I'm just glad you guys weren't home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Janneke said something on facebook, because I didn't know you had a blog, Courtney! I was with Katrina on New Years eve and couldn't BELIEVE that there was a tornado in january! I am so sorry for your loss! And I'm blown away at your positive attitude. Not surprised, just blown away. Good luck with getting everything settled again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I packed that tupperware...

    ReplyDelete