Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Love Long Weekends

We just got through Brett's last four-day weekend here in Missouri. I'm going miss these long weekends. A lot.
I was in NH for the whole week before, 
and I even missed Valentine's Day. We aren't doing well with these "love celebrations." We weren't together on our anniversary last summer either. Guess that's just how we roll... :)
But I left Brett little surprises for when he got home from his week out in the field. And he left me surprises for when I got home. (Rose petals, candy, and roses all through the house)
 I love him.
Lots and lots.

So we took our last chance and went to the Missouri church sites for the weekend with our friends. We started in Independence, went to Liberty Jail, then Far West, Adam-ondi-Ahman, and Haun's Mill. It was a perfectly wonderful weekend. It is amazing the spirit of the people that you can feel in these places. Adam-ondi-Ahman was still beautiful, even in the middle of the winter when the trees and the fields are brown. And it was probably my favorite stop of the trip. There are no guides are tours or anything. It is just peaceful, and perfect. I know nothing is perfect, but I think I can describe the feelings there as just that. Perfect. 


This one I thought was cute...it's our friend's daughter.

To finish off our long weekend I got to go running with Brett. Happy happy day. I haven't gotten to do that in a long time because of his training, and I forgot until yesterday how much I love it.

And I got to hold his hand all day everyday.
What could be better than that?

Two more things...sorry this is so long. I just procrastinate doing this for long periods of time.
It snowed before I went to NH...so we built a snowman family! This was the first, and the tallest.
 And we don't have a sled so we used our recycling bin and sledded down the street :) I think he looks like one of Sid's toys from Toy Story from behind.

 Well that's all for now. Lots of love to you all :)

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha!! I totally see Sid's toy! you guys are such a great couple. I too wish we lived close. thank you for updating your blog! i love knowing how you are doing and especially reading about what a sweet testimony and love you both share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Bria and Brett is so cute! Will you send it to me pretty please? You guys are going to be such fun parents. :)

    ReplyDelete