Friday, September 14, 2012

Trying to Catch Up

I know. I haven't really updated in almost 5 months. Go me.

But seriously, Austin never stops moving. And when he finally decides that he'll take a nap, I do everything I can as fast as I can because I never know how long he's actually going to sleep for. And most of the time that doesn't include blogging. And my other excuse...since the only time I get to see Brett is after he gets home at night, usually after the sun has gone down and its almost Austin's bed time, I don't really ever feel like blogging then either.

I'll be better though. I don't like making excuses.

Anyway. Here it goes. Post number one for the day. Going back a couple of months. And by a couple, I mean five.

Brett got early one day (hooray!) so I met him at a trailhead and we went hiking. He was training for a competition so he carried his own HUGE pack that I could barely walk while holding. So I got to carry Austin. AMAZING hike. Really steep hills, crossing streams, climbing a rope...and super pretty. We hiked around until it was dark :)

I have wanted to do this FOREVER. Check.


 One weekend Austin got to taste shaved ice for the first time. And then we went snorkeling while Austin sat in his tube. It was kind of cold and rainy that day, so he didn't last long as you can tell. BUT there were maybe three other people at Shark's Cove...so we had the whole thing to ourselves!
He actually really liked it. I promise.




Rock climbing. We had to hike to the spot, but there are ropes all set up we just had to put our rope through, hook in and climb. Lots of fun. Rika loved the hike.  And I love that you can see the beach from the hike.


And a few other cute pictures from April...



1 comment: